The TRENDnet TV-IP320PI IP cam is a step down from it’s big brother and sister.
It still does 960p though and makes an economical choice for a quality outdoor POE CCTV camera.
Amazon Discount Offer
Specifications for TV-IP320PI
- 1/3” progressive scan CMOS sensor
- Viewing Angle: Horizontal: 70°; Vertical: 52°; Diagonal: 89°
- 30 meter IR illumination distance
- H.264: 1280 x 960 up to 30 fps
- MJPEG: 704 x 480 up to 30 fps
- 10/100 Mbps PoE port
- Power port (for non-PoE installations, power adapter sold separately (12VDC1A))
- Weather rating: IP66
- Network Protocols: IPv4, IPv6, UDP, TCP, ICMP, ONVIF v2.2 DHCP, NTP, DNS, DDNS, SMTP, FTP, SNMP (v1, v2c, v3), NFS, SMB/CIFS, HTTP, HTTPS, PPPoE, UPnP, Bonjour, RTSP, RTP, RTCP, SSL
- Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 152 mm (2.4 x 2.4 x 6.2 in.)
- Power Consumption: 7 Watts max.
- Software features: Time, date, and text overlay; Scheduled recording: continuous and motion detection; Video storage: to computer, NAS, SMB/CIFS share, or through software
- Motion detection fields: define custom motion detection areas, motion sensitivity, and dynamic motion analysis; Tamper detection: email notification if the viewing field darkens suddenly;
- Alert messages: storage full, storage error, and illegal login; Supports remote management
- 3 year limited warranty
TRENDnet TV-IP320PI Is Bullet IP Cam Tastic
I like the bullet cam format for IP cameras like the TV-IP320PI. If you have one of these mounted to a wall on your home, burglars know they’re being watched.
And the TRENDnet is a 1.3MP pixel bundle, so your CCTV footage will look crisp.
You will also find bullet CCTV cameras a little easier to install. The better spec’d TRENDnet TV-IP311PI is a dome camera you have to partially dismantle to install.
With your mounting bracket outside the main camera, the TV-IP320PI is cleaner to fit.
With Power-Over-Ethernet too, this IP cam can run on a single ethernet cable. No extra power cable, no messing with wireless camera settings. You just need a POE switch and you get a solid network connection for your HD CCTV goodness.
Do remember, these TRENDnet cams are Hikvision re-badges. Check for prices on the Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I too, as it is virtually identical to this IP cam.
Infrared Cam To See In The Dark
The TRENDnet TV-IP320PI sports a blistering infrared surveillance LED array. You aint going to see 30 metres like TRENDnet claim. Anything coming within half that range is going to get picked up.
I don’t know how big your house is, but 15m will reach end of my garden. Remember that infrared webcams are no substitute for extra illumination around your property.
A sneaky PIR security light with a well-placed bullet cam will definitely ruin a criminal’s night.
Unless you left the backdoor open. Locks and alarms should always support any top CCTV system.
TRENDnet software offers all the usual neat home CCTV monitoring features. Motion detection is crucial. You can set sensitivities so you don’t get alerted whenever a shadow crosses the sun.
If you’re going to have 25 IP cameras running to a single box then the bundled TRENDnet software may choke. I think it’s pretty good to serviceable home CCTV software for free with a TRENDnet home CCTV system.
The TRENDnet TV-IP320PI is a tough little outdoor bullet IP cam with POE and solid software. Some users report setup problems with the software sometimes. Make sure you download the latest TRENDnet utility rather than the bundled installation CD.
Read 27 More Amazon User Reviews