The Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB is a surveillance system 4Ch DVR with H.265 video compression technology and can be accessed remotely through Internet Explorer on the PC and a number of smartphones, with Android and iOS operating systems. The DVR includes a pre-installed 500GB hard drive with a simple point and click interface. It also has network access, VGA video output and a USB2.0 backup.
Included in the package are:
- 1 4Ch H.264 DVR with 500GB hard drive
- 4 indoor/outdoor colour and IR night vision cameras at a resolution of 600TVL
- 4 60ft video + power all-in-one cables for security cameras
- 1 power supply for security cameras
- 1 DVR power supply
- 1 user manual.
- There are numerous key features worth talking about when it comes to this surveillance system.
- The Downloadable Zviewer App
- The downloadable Zviewer App allows users to remotely monitor from any place with Internet connection. This means, when you go on vacation, you can easily access the camera to see what is going on at your home, office or wherever you have the cameras installed.
- Motion Detection Technology
- Motion detection technology allows users to receive instant alerts and snapshots, whilst other notifications include loss of video and a full hard disk. Included in the DVR are the standard H.264 video compression technology and a 500GB SATA HD that is capable of continuous recording for up to a week at 30fps.
- Playback on the PC Monitor or Television
- The outputs available on the DVR allow playback on a PC monitor or TV, with multiple display options available, whilst also backup important footage onto a flash drive.
- Automatic Categorizing Makes it Easy to Find Footage
- Automatic categorizing of incident footage allows them to be easily found.
- Waterproof Cameras
- The cameras are weatherproof and fitted with IR LEDs for night vision up to 30ft. The 600TVL resolution provides high definition and clear video, and the 6mm lens provides long-range zoom capabilities. The product comes with a 2 year warranty and technical support via the manufacturers website, email or phone.
Pros and cons